Thursday, April 16, 2009

Next up on the design board-PROM!

Aw Yes! The romantic dream of every young girl....her prom dress....awwwwww......

Well, the production has begun. India has filled up notebook after notebook with designs of her dream dress, ever since she was about 10 years old. Now it is up to mama to bring her design to life. Prom is next Saturday, April 25. So......I may be sewing night and day, with a few bathroom breaks, a few swigs of coffee, and maybe a piece of toast or a bite or two of chocolate.

But here are the elements of the dress.

Ten yards of teal taffeta, purchased last year on clearance at $2.00 a yard,
One half yard of teal minkee for the underside of the shawl, boning, thread, interfacing, invisible zipper, Wonder Tape, and gorgeous satin ribbon.



Front of India's dream dress

Back of India's dream dress

So....bring on the Doris Day movie marathon and let the creating begin!!!!!

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

you go, girl. can't wait to see the pics!

Jen said...

you are crazy :) here is where i am glad my 17 year old is homeschooled and not going to the prom! i totally draw the line at taffeta!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Can't wait to see the creation completed! My mom made my prom dress my senior year. (I gave up sewing after child number 3. ;)
Robbie

shaninvb said...

I am so excited to see the final product!

nonie everythingsewing said...

I can't wait to see this dress come together, I know it is going to be a work of art.

Nonie

Naomi said...

Congratulations!!! You have won the Cath Kidston Giveaway on my blog!!! Check it out!!! www.lydiahope.blogspot.com

By the way, you and I have something else in common.... I love to sew also. My mother was a seamstress as a profession my whole life growing and made me and my sisters just about anything we wanted. She taught us all how to sew and I wish I had time to make things these days, although I did make Eliana and Lydia aprons from remnants of Cath Kidston fabric this week. I think that is about my limit these days!! Perhaps you will inspire me to get back into it!!!

I shall continue to visit you blog!!! Cannot wait to see the finished product!

Blessings,
Naomi

jcrowe said...

Sivje, you are amazing. Of course I am biased because I'm your dad. Duh!

jcrowe said...

The gown will be gorgeous like the princess that will be wearing it on Prom night. Gramma

Jona said...

That is going to be stunning (and what a crazy steal on that taffeta!!!!)! I can't wait to see it but I don't envy you right now (but I do admire you)! :D

Red Hen said...

You go, Girl!! I am waiting to see it!

Beth said...

I can't wait to see the most beautiful prom dress ever! Don't forget to post pictures of her wearing it. I can't wait! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.