Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Carmel-By-The-Sea and Monterey, with Grandma and Grandpa

Ahnalin and her friend "Dennis the Menace".
Ahnalin and her famous pumping feet!
Mom, Ahnalin, and me at the Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey.
Ok, so Mom is smiling, Dad says he is smiling, and Ahnalin refused.
Sandy feet and soaking wet skort.





Sunday, right after church, my parents, Ahnalin and I jumped into the car and headed down to Carmel and Monterey for a few days. They are way up on the list of my favorite places on Earth. Sometimes I get so lonesome for the ocean that I dream of it. Just the smell of the sea air, or the sound of the waves is so relaxing.

Monday, the weather was perfect! It was warm and clear, and we were able to sit on the beach at Carmel and run in the waves. Ahnalin and collected a few shells and bits of seaglass and got soaking wet. I had thought well enough ahead to bring a change of clothes in the car for Ahnalin, but not for me. So after our splashing in the waves, I had to walk into all the fancy stores with my drenched pants all rolled up and sandy.

Later on, we went to the "Dennis the Menace" park so Ahnalin could "get her energies out" through running, jumping, climbing, etc. The park was jammed with people but we had a great time. Ahnalin was so excited because she has learned to "pump" her legs on the swing and gets pretty high.

Monday was perfect in every way! We ate fish and chips on the Monterey Fisherman's Wharf and watched the boats. We bought ice cream and went back to our hotel to watch tv and cozy in. I tried to smock on Ahnalin's Easter dress, but doubt I will get it done. So I may have to whip up something different.

On Tuesday, the rain poured down all day long. We got up, got breakfast and drove over to the Gilroy factory outlets. I was able to find Easter shoes for Ahnalin and an outfit for me. Woohoo!!! Then, we got back in the car and headed for home. By the time we got home, I was in a great deal of pain in my mouth. But I got Ahnalin all settled in with Nana and Papa. Grandma and Grandpa continued home to Sparks, but were delayed due to a blizzard on the summit. Yeah, a blizzard!
Thank God they got home safely!

Then I went to rehearsal for the Easter services. Have I said before how much I LOVE singing for Easter services. Such a huge honor to rejoice in song on Easter sunday! More to come.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sivje, these pictures are really good. Your mom looks great here -does she feel that good? You also look better than one would expect considering the pain I know you are in. And Ahnalin ... what a cutie! My favorite pic is the one with Dennis the Menace. Good job. I will pray for you tomorrow - hope it is quick, easy and painless!
Love,
Karen in FL

Jen said...

two years ago we visited monterery for a week--loved it!! i wish i could move there! totally understand you tagging along with your parents. looks like you had a wonderful time!

prechrswife said...

Love the pictures, and can't get over how grown up Ahnalin looks! Of course, Mary Joyce isn't far behind.

Dusty

Barbara said...

Looks like so much fun. I pray your tooth is soon taken care of and you feel so much better. Loved the video.

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I love the video, "Thank you for bringing us, Mama." How sweet is that?
We're going to spend a day at the beach tomorrow. I hope my girls have as much fun as Ahnalin seemed to be having.
BTW, I love singing/participating in our Easter cantata/Passion Play, too!
Blessings,
Robbie

Colleen said...

WHAT a sweetie! Oh, I remember when she first joined your family! Precious little girl.
Praying for your tooth.
Colleen in NY

Christie said...

Very cute, the could almost feel the cold cold water on her feet!