Friday, July 31, 2009

My Cup Of Tea

My birthday celebration continued through today! How blessed am I?

My buddies Mimi and Susan picked me up and whooshed me away to My Cup Of Tea here in Grass Valley. I love this little tea house! I had not been back here for a few years and very much missed the place. Today was wonderful!

We dined on quiche and chicken salad and I simply had to have a scone too. Because of the heat, we had ice tea instead of a pot of hot tea. But we were so excited to see our glass rims edged in colored sugar! And it was so refreshing too.

I felt a bit sorry for our beautiful server, who also happened to be the owner of the tea house, as every time she came to bring us our bill, we added more on to the tab. And then we just kept giggling and talking.

This was Lemonaid Pie and it was so delicious and light, and so pretty too!


Chocolate mousse, so fluffy!


Melissa (Mimi) is a very gifted paper artist. I used to think she "just" scrapbooked but she can do anything, and she does it all so well! She makes the most beautiful cards and they are truly lovely gifts by themselves.

Susan is making my birthday gift. She is talented in so many areas, from quilting to gardening to jewelry making and more. She will not give me a hint as to what the gift will be. However she has intrigued me, or terrified me, with the command that I must "come alone" when the gift is ready to be picked up. This will definitely be interesting I fear!

But my day with my girlfriends was a girly blessing and one I do not take for granted. I am blessed with good friends who love me.

Mimi and Susan, thank you both for loving me and taking me to tea.

5 comments:

Trudy said...

How wonderful to have such good friends. You are very blessed. That lemonade pie was so pretty. I've never seen such a pretty little dessert. And the tea rim with sugar, yumm. Happy birthday.

seamsgreat said...

I want to come next time! Hope you had a Happy Birthday Week! ~janet

Julia said...

Me too, me too! Looks like so much fun! Glad you had such a great day! You must be really special to have such a great family and friends like these!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sivje! Looks like you had a wonderful celebration with your girl friends. So special!!
hollym.

Vintage Chicken said...

Wow! When you have a birthday- you do it up RIGHT! LOL
Glad you had such a great time!