Sunday, June 27, 2010

Darling Dancing Princess


Yesterday was Ahnalin's ballet and tap dance recital.


She adores dancing.

And Mama was so proud of her girl!

And so was Daddy.
And Grandma Barbara and Grandpa John John were too!
My best buddy Melissa was there too cheering our girl on, but she 
did not want me to put up her picture. But she is wonderful!
Ahnalin is in the Intermediate Ballet/Tap combo class
and these are her dancing girlfriends. 

Ahnalin's ballet dance is to "Just Around The Riverbend" from Pocahontas.
She is the little one, 2nd from the right end. 
For some reason, she tried to do her twirls as fast as she could.
I giggled every time!

Her tap dance was to "In The Mood" and she 
is the littlest one on the far right.


After the dance recital, my parents followed us home and we 
celebrated my Daddy's belated Birthday and Father's Day.
We had bar-b-q tri-tip and chicken, cantaloupe, 
and yes, STORE BOUGHT SALAD AND CAKE!
Does that tell you how rotten I have been feeling????
I served stuff that came with labels!!!!

Like How I did not even put the storebought, yet very chocolatey,
cake on a cake plate???
Verrrryyyyy fancy!

My mom made me go to bed early so I did not get much sewing done last night
but we had a fun family night and yummy food.

I think I am starting to feel better. 
Thank you for the prayers and please keep them coming.
Back to sewing for me!

11 comments:

~*Aria*~ said...

LOL, dance recitals are always so cute! It looks like she got in a double-pirouette at 1:00.

Jan M said...

Looks like a perfect fun-filled day with family and friends. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Jolene said...

Oh my goodness!! The recital videos are just too darn cute! Ahnalin did a fantastic job...even more important, she looked like she was having a good time. Your momma is right, Sivje, get some rest!! I hope you are feeling better!

Debby said...

Adorable pictures. HOpe you feel better soon. Rest like your Mama said.

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Glad to know you are feeling better! She is so sweet in her costumes and dance routines. Make sure you listen to your mom and get some rest!

Julia said...

Great memories in the making!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with our wonderful family. Thank you for a super weekend and the cards and gift for your daddy. Still praying for you to have a full quick recovery and a great family trip to Disneyland.

Beach Mama said...

What a pretty little dancer! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Martha said...

She is adorable. You can tell she is having fun as well. So glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself as well.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I love the photo with Grandma holding her best. She looks very much like a ballerina princess. & I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Rest girl.

ooglebloops said...

Ahnalin's recital is precious!!! I love her twirly Dumbo dress! The outfits you are making for your girls are wonderful!! I made all my kids clothes and costumes - (they are now grown) I took alot of the fabric from my daughter's outfits and made a wall quilt- each one of her dress fabrics is a heart applique - she just loves it.