Sunday, October 3, 2010

More Stash Game Items


 Stash Game at Sewing Mamas 
is over for another season. 

And I am happy to say that I actually made 
it through ALMOST the whole
month without purchasing fabric.


I said ALMOST.


But almost is better than totally going overboard.

Right?

Yeah, this is how I felt after nearly a month 
of refraining from purchasing fabric.

Did I mention that I quit sugar
at the same time?

Talk about overcoming addictions cold turkey!


My goal for stash game has been to make a few Autumn 
outfits for Ahnalin. 
It is still really hot here, 
but once it starts to get cool, 
Ahnalin NEEDS long sleeved dresses 
and leggings. 

And she loves knit play dresses with 
those leggings because they are COZY.

The fabric for this outfit was all from 

I love Chez Ami knits because they sew up beautifully 
and wash up very softly.

And they are so reasonably priced in the clearance section. 


The pattern I used for the dress was McCalls
M6157 in a size 4 with a size 6 length, 
view D.

You can purchase this pattern as an instant download
directly from McCalls.
 
However I added the striped front underneath
the crossover front, because it gaped
and was too low cut without it.

I trimmed the neckline in Fold Over Elastic
"FOE" that I purchased from 

The leggings are from an older
Ottobre pattern Magazine.


 And then I made a few birthday presents.


Both of these simple twirly skirts
were made without a pattern.

Just stash fabric, trim,
and 
MATH. 


 And two more Yaya's Aprons 
in the child size small, 2-4, 
had to be made for a set of twins 
who were just turning 2!

I made another outfit during stash game, 
but I will reveal that one in a few days.

(Here is a small hint..... It was a pattern tester
for another designer.)

6 comments:

Julia said...

I love Ahnalin's outfit. The stripe is perfect underneath the print. I don't understand why some little girl patterns are cut so low like that. I've had to adjust several. The aprons are so cute. lucky twins!

Cole's Corner said...

How cute. I love everything.
I've never heard of the Stash Game... but that sounds like a game for me.

Anonymous said...

Siv, you did it again. Totally darling items on a darling granddaughter. Love you

Ellie Inspired said...

Oooh! Cute Cute! I bought that same fabric from Chez Ami! It would be fun at the end of your stash game to see little thumbnails all together of everything you made. You've sewn a lot of things!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, how I love her dress and leggings. It just shouts out FALL CUTENESS.

Karin said...

wow, you've done, I admire you for it.

It's all so beautiful,
and looks so cute ahnalin's


greetings karin