Saturday, July 31, 2010

Trace, Toby and Lime Green Toes!


My oh my!

The Hot Rockin' Hubby took me to see Trace Adkins and Toby Keith
in concert for my birthday.

We sat in the 8th row!!!!


In the spirit of "music appreciation",
I must tell you all that Trace Adkins is a might fine specimen!
Oh man!

I mean, he has NOTHING on my Hot Rockin' Hubby,
but he was very, very fine to look at!

And yes, I cried, like I always do, 
when he sang "You're gonna miss this."
I love that song!


And then when it was Toby's turn, he showed up on stage in a 
sawed-in-half Ford F-150! 
It was crazy!
Now, I am a bigger Trace fan than I am a Toby fan, 
Toby was incredible!!

And Don, being the audio geek that he is, 
had to take pictures of the monstrously huge sound board. 
Hilarious! 


We had a wonderful wonderful wonderful time!

Thank you Hubby!


Earlier in the day, we met my parents up in Truckee, 
for lunch, cake and to get my mom's sewing machine.
And they gave me a yummy chocolate cake!
It was sooooo good!


And we got some cute pics of the grands and their girls. 
After that, we drove home to get Ahnalin to her swimming lessons on time.
And then Don and I headed out to the concert!


And then yesterday, I treated myself to 
the most luxurious and blissful pedicure at Bon Bon Salon.

Oh wow!

It was aromatherapy, leg massage, and pedicure all in one!

Pure heaven!

I know it is goofy, but I had to have lime green polish.
I LOVE lime green and I love my pretty toes.


When I got home,
Ahnalin begged to have matching lime green toes.
I just happened to have lime green polish in my purse,
so I dolled her up as well.

I asked India if she wanted her toes green too and she said she is
waiting for her own pedicure.......
Hmmmmmm her birthday is in September. 
Maybe I should treat us to mother/daughter pedicures. 
Whatcha think?

I had better get back to sewing.
I have to turn in my fair entries this week
and I am running behind due to the broken machine.


Thank you all for the birthday wishes.
I tried to send "thank you" replies but many of you do not 
have your email address listed on your profiles, so the 
replies did not go through.
So, if you did not get a "thank you" from me, that is the reason.
So Thank YOU from me.

Off to sew I go!

6 comments:

Ellie Inspired said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! You certainly got good pictures. I forgot to tell you how much I like India's hair! She looks so much like you with it red, too.

Sandi said...

My DH & I went to see Trace & Toby in NC earlier in July - how lucky were you to be so close! They do put on an awesome concert.

Bunny said...

What a super birthday! Glad you had so much fun.

D'S THREADS DOWN SOUTH said...

Glad you had such a super b-day, and you were close enough to really enjoy it, like every muscle in those arms of Trace?

Wendy said...

I love the green toes!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous toes girls! very attractive ;)