Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feed The Birds and a Dress To Cherish


She is quite the crafty kid!

She begged and begged
to paint a birdhouse for the tree in our front yard.

Oh, and yes! 
She IS wearing a 
made in the super simple
"Crafty Kid" style.
And yes!
You CAN make one for your own crafty kid!

(Commercial over now!)


She hung it in the tree
and then it took this slow poke mama
about a week to remember to buy birdseed.


But she wanted to fill it herself.


She is so excited!
I wonder when we will have 
our first birdy diners.



And do you remember the little dress
I was making for my precious niece Cherish?

Well, I finished it in true Goosegirl fashion!

You see, we decided to go for a short visit to 
Sparks, NV to see my parents
and then Grass Valley to see Don's parents
last weekend. 

Rather spur of the moment, really.

And I was not finished with the dress.


So, I packed it up and finished sewing it at 
my parents house!

I am now kicking myself that I did not take 
my little dress form so you could see 
this little dress better. 
The lime green seersucker
is so fresh and light
and I love the fuchsia rick rack and 
embroidery thread.

I wish I could be with Cherish and 
her Mommy and Daddy
this weekend, the day before Easter,
when she will be dedicated to Jesus.



I am still working on the smocking for 
Ahnalin's Easter dress.
I tried to talk her into a dress
to match Cherish's dress.
Well, she reminded me that 
she is 6 now and may not want
smocking when she is 7 
so this may be her last smocked Easter dress!!!
EY YI YI!

I pray the Lord is blessing you this Holy Week.

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peachy Girl is so darling, Siv!! And your little niece's dress is so cute! I love seersucker.:)
takecare,hollym.:)

nonie everythingsewing said...

Adorable pictures, nothing could mean more then a feeder you painted yourself. Hope there are many birds for dinner.

The little dress is precious as alway you do such beautiful work.

Nonie