Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh My! My Baby India Is 20!


Happy 20th Birthday India!!

Yes! 

She is 20 years old! 

And this is the bike she bought with her 
Birthday money.

Pretty sweet ride, eh?



So in honor of her birthday,
I thought I would show some fun photos of my
first baby.

I took this photo on her last day at work
as a "bookie" on the 
Storybook Land Canal Boats
at Disneyland. 

Ahnalin and I were riding Casey Jr. and 
as the track runs all around Storybook land,
our train happened to be directly overhead
as India's boat was going under the bridge.


 And here she is right 
before midnight on her final night of work
as she was graduating from the Disney College Program.

Ahnalin and I, 
along with some of her DCP buddies,
were honored to ride her final boat.

This was, without a doubt,
her very favorite job ever!


A week after we brought her home from the
Disney College Program,
my parents came for the weekend
and we drove over to Bodega Bay for a visit.

As usual, India chose to make goofy faces
in nearly every shot!



I love this picture. 

I actually took it in May when
I got to visit her all by myself
in Anaheim. 


This picture is a few years old but I love it.

India is holding my darling niece Cherish
and I think they both look beautiful.


This was taken a few years ago when
India, Ahnalin and I went to a friend's wedding.


This was taken when she was not yet 4
and we were moving away from her favorite
cousin, and best friend Tyler. 

This is one of my favorite pictures of these two.


India loved eating at the American Girl Cafe
in Chicago when we lived there.

This visit was when she was 7 years old.


This was taken at India's third birthday.

She LOVED this dress!

Blue gingham and the apron
was white with pink birthday cakes.

I even made a matching outfit for her Ginny doll!


And here she is just a few years ago in 
her Alice costume.


I stole this picture off of her Facebook page.

A friend took it when she was a freshman
standing outside the drama room at school.

Her shirt and her expression are pure India.


Here she was singing at a local restaurant
while her Daddy (aka Hot Rockin' Hubby)
accompanied her.


This is my all time favorite picture of my India.

She was 3 and
attending Healdsburg Preschool Co-op. 

She is just so yummy in this photo!!


I love my India so much.

She was my first baby.

She is the one who had to 
bear the brunt of all my first-time-mama parenting,
yet, somehow, she has managed 
to grow into a brilliant,
talented, 
beautiful,
funny,
amazing,
loving,
generous,
spontaneous,
gifted,
happy,
faithful,
imaginative,
committed,
and miraculous 
WOMAN!

I can't even begin to say how very proud I am of her.

As she enters this stage of her life,
her "20s",
I pray that the Lord will
bless her with wisdom,
joy,
courage,
faith,
health,
peace,
love,
relationships,
success,
miracles,
imagination,
and 
yes, I pray that she be blessed
with her heart's desires.


Jeremiah 29:11 is India's favorite verse.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you a hope and a future."


She is a lovely woman
but she will always be my baby.

India, mama loves you forever.







8 comments:

Jan M said...

Happy Birthday to India, and happy memories to you! May the coming year bring even more special moments to remember and cherish!
(Hope your hand feels better soon, too!)

The Momtastic Stitcher said...

Ah 20 I don't know what I am going to do when my baby turns 20 I can barely handle 13 this year lol...she is a beautiful woman and she will go far!

Anonymous said...

LOVIE!!! You make your mother cry with your incredible gift of expressing your love for India. You said it all and more than I could ever!! We feel the same way about our first born and that is you -darling Sivje. We are all blessed to be family. We love you all so much and again-HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING INDIA. From your grampie and grammie.

MamaOfTwo said...

Happy Birthday to your baby girl, India! May her future be blessed with Only good things!

Debby said...

Happy
Birthday India. You are a beautiful young lady.

Julia said...

Happy Birthday to India. She's a beautiful young lady!!! Today is a really special day! It's my husband's bday, too!

Mrs. Bianca said...

This post needed to come with a warning. I'm over here a blubbering mess. I love your words and prayer for your daughter. I get excited at the thought of my precious littles growing into lovely women like your precious India.

Happy Birthday!

~*Aria*~ said...

So sweetly said, Siv!

Happy belated birthday to India!